Sunday, October 19, 2014

Not Your Father's S-Class (Auto)


   Photo: 2014 Mercedes Benz S550

The new S-Class is not the S-Class my father had.

I always equated the S-Class to an older male driver.  But that's all changed with the new S-Class on the road today.  Sportier and more compact, it rivals some of the cooler sedans likes Porsche Panamera.

I would love love to get a white S with dark tinted windows and black rims.  Butta.
(But not before I put my father back in one.)
___

My love for cars developed at an early age.

And what I love most, are the cars made by Mercedes Benz.



   Photo: 1989 Mercedes Benz 560SEL


During my youth, my father had a 1989 Mercedes Ben 560SEL, just like the one in the photo.

He loved this car.  I mean loveddddddd this car.  

You wouldn't believe the options the car had.  Options that not even the best cars of today have.

Aside from the smooth ride and comfort of the car- the car had options.

How about reclining rear seats!  

Often times, we would take road trips in the car and we were always comfortable in the back.

My sister, brother and I would be able to lean back on the heated reclined seats and just kick back.

As I got older and started driving, I too was able to get behind the wheels.  Now in the front seat, enjoying a different aspect of the car.  

The car was heavy, strong and smooth.  

My father kept this car until he just couldn't any longer.  And that day was a sad one- for all of us.

And now as an adult, I have enjoyed 3 different Mercedes Benz:

2003 C320 Black
2009 ML350 Black
2011 E320 Black (current)

As my lease on the E320 nears its completion, I often toy with the idea of getting something other than Mercedes Benz.

Porsche came out with a smaller version of their SUV Cayenne, called Macan.




   Photo: 2015 Porsche Macan

But I'm quite certain, I will end up getting another Mercedes.












No comments:

Post a Comment